The WaggWalker® dog walking "communication harness" makes pulling on the lead a thing of the past. This one-of-a-kind harness is easy to use and needs little effort to get your dog walking by your side using it's patented, revolutionary 'communication' system.
With it's range of sizes it's easy to find the perfect fit for your dog. The patented 'communication' harness EDUCATES your dog to walk calmly by your side when using a flick and release motion. The sound encourages your dog to "think" and in no time at all your dog will be listening to you making your walk a pleasure.
What size is best for my dog?
Using the sizing chart below measure the girth of your dog to find the right size for them. You can also watch the fitting the harness video for more help.
Rough Guide :
Small would fit Pomeranians, Dachshunds and those smaller breeds.
Medium would fit Cavoodle's, Cocker spaniels and those medium breeds.
X Medium would fit Cattle Dogs, Labradors.
Large would fit German Shepherds Labradors.
X Large would fit Mastiff's, Newfoundland's, Irish wolfhounds.
What is the Sherpa Cover?
Now we have made the WaggWalker® even better! You will receive a FREE set of the Sherpa Comfort Covers with the purchase of a new WaggWalker®. A dog’s underarm area is especially sensitive so we have created these covers specifically for your dog’s comfort. This soft material is gentle to the touch and was designed in avoiding any potential rubbing or chaffing of your dog’s skin.
WaggWalker® Suggested Guidelines for Use:
Thank you for your interest in the WaggWalker® which we feel is the best training tool on the market to help teach a dog how to walk at your side. However, like every tool, it must be used properly.
Here are some suggestions for you to get the most out of our product.
- Always fit the harness on your dog inside your home so that there is no chance of him slipping away from you and running away.
- Make sure the harness fits snug but not too tightly as to irritate your dog's skin especially in their armpits and chest.
- To help with fitting, we suggest adjusting the BLUE strap on the back to make it as short as it will go. This helps to make sure the chain sits across the chest and does not sag down. Then adjust the BLACK strap underneath until it fits snug but not too tight. You should be able to fit two fingers under the belly strap.
- Once the harness is fitted properly, clip safety strap to their existing collar and clip the lead onto the furthest ring away from you on the harness. For example, if you walk your dog on your left, then clip the left ring only. Once your lead is clipped on, walk your dog around inside your home and practice the "Flick and Release." Give your dog a few minutes to get used to the harness especially if he has never worn a harness before.
- While practicing in your home, when you “flick & release”, you want the chain to make a quick "zip" sound. Do this as your dog's front legs are even with yours. Immediately, turn left or right (in the opposite direction away from your dog) and encourage your dog to follow you. If your dog looks up at you, immediately reward with praise and/or a treat.
- When you first get outside, don’t go right into your normal walk. Do some practice turns for a few minutes to give your dog some time to learn what you want from him.
- Do not proceed forward if your dog is not responding to you and is pulling hard. Go back inside and practice some more.
- Do not try to HOLD your dog back using the WaggWalker®. If you hold your lead very short and tight with any harness, it will dig into your dog's skin and possibly irritate it.
- Do not leave the harness and/or lead on your dog if he is unsupervised.
- Do not take your dog for long walks with this harness. It is a training tool intended to help teach your dog to walk with you which can take time. Your walks should be short and specifically focused on training your dog. For example, three (3) ten minute training walks will be more likely to educate your dog than a 30 minute walk on your normal route.
- We recommend that you do not use extendable/retractable leads with our harness.
- We recommend our harness for puppies of at least 6 months of age or older.
- Warning: The WaggWalker® harness is only designed for walking, not to be used as a car safety harness